Services We Offer
BRING US YOUR GEAR
Basic Ski Tune at $39.99 includes a stone grind to flatten the base, ceramic disc sharpening and polishing to the factory specifications (or your own custom request) and a hotwax.
Basic Snowboard Tunes are $59.99
If there is damage to the base of your skis there is an additional $20 charge for p-tex work. More expensive repairs are price by estimate.
We guarantee the fit of every boot we sell. However, if you did not purchase your boot with us, we are happy to evaluate the fit of your current boots and we offer many services to help improve your comfort and performance.
Custom Shell Molding- High Adventure has a custom-built heat control system for our boot ovens to precisely control the oven temperature and optimize fit for all boot brands. $75
Shell Stretch or Grind- This service expands or stretches the boot shell in a specific area to better conform to your foot or lower leg shape. $25 per stretch or grind.
Custom Boot Liners- Custom closed cell foam liners are lighter, warmer, more comfortable, and last longer than stock liners. Prices start at $199 and include heat molding. We can heat mold liners purchased elsewhere for $50.
We carry footbeds from DFP, including a heat moldable custom model, to enhance your foot positioning and comfort.
In addition to the services above, we stock a wide variety of boot fit aids to address a wide range of fit-related issues. Please contact the store with inquiries about your boot fit needs.
High Adventure has the capital region’s most comprehensive binding installation service. We are authorized by all major manufacturers for alpine, as well as popular alpine touring bindings.
As the area’s only backcountry ski specialty shop we have a selection of touring and hybrid alpine touring bindings in stock.
Full Mount – With no purchase, $60 for a system ski/binding mount or $75 for a drilled ski/binding mount. With one purchase,** $20 mounting charge. No Charge with the purchase of 2 qualifying items.**
Half Mount – Adjusting an installed binding without the need to drill, $30.
No charge with the purchase of a new boot.
Release check – $30, or $20 when done in conjunction with a ski tune.
We do not install the following bindings: 22Designs, NTN Telemark bindings, G3, Atomic/Solomon Tracker/Guardian, certain recently released, and legacy touring bindings.
**Qualifying purchases are skis, boots, or bindings.
There is nothing “basic” about our basic tune.
- Flatten and smooth with belt
- We use a Wintersteiger wet belt sander to flatten and remove blemishes from the base of the ski, using a succession of grits as necessary.
- Stone Grind flat
- We use a Wintersteiger stone grinding machine to make the base of the ski flat to factory specification.
- Stone Grind Pattern
- We use a Wintersteiger electronically controlled stone grinder to pattern the ptex base of the ski to break surface tension with the snow to provide a faster, more consistent glide. We program our machine for optimal performance in typical north east snow conditions.
- Dimension Edge
- We shape base and side edge of the ski to factory specified or custom bevels using appropriate tools for the ski and desired edge.
- Ceramic Edge sharpen and polish
- We use a computer controlled Wintersteiger machine which polishes both the base and side edges to bring the metal to a fine point, while also removing burs, tool, and grind marks from the edge. This results in a sharper, smoother, longer lasting edge on your skis.
- Hot wax with iron
- Results in better wax penetration and retention.
- All these steps are included in our basic tune.