BRING US YOUR GEAR
Ski or snowboard tunes. Keep your skis or board feeling their best.
Our basic tune at $39.99 includes a stone grind to flatten the base, ceramic disc sharpening and polishing to the factory specifications (or your own custom request!) and a hotwax.
If there is damage to the base of your skis there is an additional $10 charge for ptex work. More extensive repairs as priced by estimate.
We guarantee the fit of every boot that we sell. But not everyone bought their boots from us! After evaluating your fit we have many tools available to us for improving your comfort and performance.
Custom shell molding (no charge with guarantee) $80. High Adventure has custom built a heat control system for our boot heating ovens to finely control the temperature and heat soak to optimize the process for all brands of boots.
This tool is fantastic to achieve that last little bit of customization for optimum fit. Shell Punch/Grind (no charge with guarantee) $20 per spot
Moves the plastic a large amount over a limited area to accommodate foot feature. Custom Liner Liner From $199, molding included with purchase. $75 to mold liner purchased elsewhere.
Custom closed cell foam liners are lighter, warmer, more comfortable and last longer than stock liners. We can evaluate your situation and determine if it is the best option for you. Heatfit Stock Liner (no charge with guarantee) $20.
Accelerates the break-in period of the boot. If the boot has already been skied more than 20 days it is unlikely that this will be the correct solution to fix a fit issue.
High Adventure has the capital region’s most comprehensive binding installation service. We are authorized by all major manufacturers for alpine, and well as many for backcountry bindings
As the area’s only backcountry ski specialty shop we have a selection of touring and pintec bindings in stock we can also install many bindings we do not stock.* Full installation, including a remount if an adjustment is beyond the bindings adjust range. $60 with no purchase**
$30 with one purchase** No Charge with purchase of 2 qualifying items
Half-mount (adjusting an installed bindings without the need to drill) $30
No charge with purchase of new boot. Release check.
A yearly release check is only $20 at High Adventure, or $15 when done in conjunction with a ski tune.
* Some bindings we do not install are 22Designs, NTN Telemark bindings, G3, Atomic/Solomon Tracker/Guardian or certain recently released or legacy touring bindings.
**Qualifying purchases are skis, boots, or bindings.
US vs THEM
Us There is nothing “basic” about our basic tune.
- Flatten and smooth with belt
- We use a Wintersteiger wet belt sander to flatten and remove blemishes from the base of the ski, using a succession of grits as necessary.
- Stone Grind flat
- We use a Wintersteiger stone grinding machine to make the base of the ski flat to factory specification.
- Stone Grind Pattern
- We use a Wintersteiger electronically controlled stone grinder to pattern the ptex base of the ski to break surface tension with the snow to provide a faster, more consistent glide. We program our machine for optimal performance in typical north east snow conditions.
- Dimension Edge
- We shape base and side edge of the ski to factory specified or custom bevels using appropriate tools for the ski and desired edge.
- Ceramic Edge sharpen and polish
- We use a computer controlled Wintersteiger machine which polishes both the base and side edges to bring the metal to a fine point, while also removing burs, tool, and grind marks from the edge. This results in a sharper, smoother, longer lasting edge on your skis.
- Hot wax with iron
- Results in better wax penetration and retention.
- All these steps are included in our basic tune.
- Flatten and texture skis with a belt sander
- Sharpen edges with a belt
- Belt wax